6.03.2011

Welcome home!

My very first blog post on Blogger! I don't really know for sure the amount of time I'll use to blog, but I wanted to give it a shot since I was somewhat "in the zone". 

Recently, I've taken a plunge. I wasn't fully intending it but it happened, regardless. For the sake of brevity, I won't offer much detail, but I will say that life has changed in a drastic way lately.  About 3 weeks ago I was "let go" from a job that supplied my husband and I half of our total income. Half. That's big. Try to imagine what would change for you if that were your circumstances. You might say, "Oh I couldn't imagine.", or, "There's no way we could make it." Instead, I felt a warm calm in my soul, in my innermost being. I knew it was the right thing at the right time. That doesn't change the fact that I was deeply betrayed. It doesn't change the fact that I was lied to brazenly and made to feel guilt for something I had not done. I accepted my fate with a peace that God gave me. It might be easy to say that it's "just a test" or a "valley experience" I have to face. That's fair to say. I only wish to show that God directed every move that was made and allowed everything to come about in the manner that it did, for my benefit. 

When we have peace in God, a simple knowing, that does not discount the fact that we're still human. We still have emotions and feelings that will rise up and overtake our lives.  Recently, I was spoken to with words of knowledge and wisdom that gave me the strength to realize what was to come. I can't get past the over-powering knowledge that there is a blessing far greater than my imaginings that is to come! I have felt it, over and over and I have already seen small things happening to only strengthen my faith that we are victorious! "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10 NIV

As Christians, I hear many speak of the valleys and the lows and bad times (myself included). If our heart is set on the Word and our faith is anchored in HIM we will make it when things don't seem right. Our lives are ever-fading. The things that we think matter here on Earth are trivial. Yes, we have to have money. We have to have food. HELLO! We have a God that supplies all our NEEDS, what more could we want? What more could we ask for? He has never forsaken or left our side. To worry, to become disheartened are all natural instincts for us. Yet, my question is - If we worry, aren't we doubting God's ability in our lives? What is the point of this journey we walk if we cannot trust HIM during the very worst of times? There isn't a point if we can't trust. There is no substance to our relationship with God if we aren't giving Him our complete trust and KNOWING He is our provider. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27 NIV

Selah

I'll see you on the flip flop!

No comments:

Post a Comment